Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 27 - Battle of the Bulge

Week 27 came and went....crazy how fast it's going.  So the week started off with some baby education as Ashley and I attended an 8 hour (yes, 8 hours....) birthing class.  Going in I'm thinking "...8 hours....why do I need doctors and nurses if I'm spending an entire Saturday learning about the whole event.......I could deliver little Lyla myself".  A couple graphic videos later I was wondering if I'd even be able to be in the delivery room......
Joking aside though, the class was very worthwhile.  Birth is an amazing thing..definitely a little gross, but very, very amazing.
So I'm sure you're wondering about the title to this post.  In week 27 we got to see Lyla make her Mommy's stomach move around (so cool!).   However, she really likes to hang out on Ashley's right side and makes a very noticeable bulge.  Ashley isn't too fond of it....I like to think of it as Momma's first disagreement with her daughter and is thus the "Battle of the Bulge" ;-)

Other than that, another week closer to meeting my little lady....can't wait!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok this is my second try for this , first one didn't work, my bad Fran I loved your Battle of the Bulge,you will make a great Dad and Lila will be so happy to see her Daddy,I know she will love your sense of humor , I know I do. Keep up the good work and give our Girls a big kiss for us.Your new york Family misses you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Fran! I have to say that when I first read your title I thought, "he's a very brave man to go *there* mentioning a bulge to someone who already thinks she's huge (NOT!) and pregnant...You did a good save on that one thank goodness b/c I really like you and would have missed you (haha)..I'm still waiting for the name of another one of your songs that Ashley said you have picked for your little angel....your doing a great job taking care of "my little girl" I just hope you don't freeze to death before the big day....Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran - Really cool ...You are going to be an amazing daddy for Miss Lyla ! Love and miss you guys

    ReplyDelete